Therapy is generally looked down upon and is almost like a taboo. But therapy can be used to help parents in their challenges – small or big. In this episode Himani and Kalyani are in a conversation with Sam Roberts, a consellor who is also doing his PhD in Psycology. He helps us answer many questions like
- What is therapy?
- When should parents get alarmed about their child’s behaviour? What signs should we look out for to understand that our kids need therapy? Generally most of us are scared of opting for therapy..
- Which type of challenges can be addressed by therapy?
- Can therapy be used to tackle phobias or problems related to academic pressure?
- Is taking therapy a sign of mental weakness?
- How to choose whom to approach to discuss your challenges – psycologist/ psychiantrist/ consellor/therapist?
- What are the tools parents can use at home to ensure healthy communication and a positivie atmosphere for the kids.
In this episode Sam shares tools like SPACE and Family Talk time to help us handle our daily stuggles in a better way.
The pandemic has affected everyone and no matter how uch we protect our kids, they are affected too..
So do listen to this episode to get a realistic perspective to Therapy. You can listen to it on Spotify, Apple and Google Podcasts or Stitcher. Please do follow us on Facebook and Instagram as @partnersinupbringing
← Go back