The question we are answering today. Get answer to this most pressing issue in your parenting journey. This issue needs to be looked at from a scientific lens to understand from where does it root and what is the solution that can be used by parents.
Points covered in this episode:
- Why do kids misbehave – from a scientific lens
- Why does yelling work and our simple instructions or remindiners dont
- How does kids brain function?
- Stress behaviour Vs Misbehaviour
- Why sometimes kids don’t want logic
- Do punishments really work? TEaching without punishments
- Nurturing sensitive children
- What corrective actions and solutions can we look at as parents
- Getting help from therapist & parenting coaches
About the Guest: Allana Robinson is a mother of 2 kids and a parenting coach . She is an Early Childhood educator and developmental specialist. She is certified in Pivotal response therapy. She is trained in Relationship Development Intervention, Hanen Social Communications and Collaborative and Proactive Solutions . She has extensive experience in coaching parents to stop reeling and be in control.
She believes that our parenting knowledge has to be revived based on latest research and we need to understand that not all our parents did is applicable to the upbringing of kids in today’s generation.
Also check out:
- Being a coach and counselor to your child with Girish Paniker – https://open.spotify.com/episode/3Sx0vdwxPFIz75X3mQip8K?si=5c932da9192e4a00
- Parenting Gifted Children with Dr. Devasena Desai – https://open.spotify.com/episode/3sr7AEEiXayRHKXPeu8gRv?si=1KIAgA6gQ1eXOgmmPFsFtw
- Awkward Questions Kids Ask with Kumkum Jagdish – https://open.spotify.com/episode/0HrjejFxwSBOKSatfrfIqi?si=LxyrPfX4TjKi6yEmR42cwg
- Therapy for Kids with Sam Roberts https://open.spotify.com/episode/6fuMNAd8WOM0aWRD11TAwM?si=192-thLOSRmIYITqTodVIQ
- Sensitivity and emotional challenges with Amruta Godbole https://open.spotify.com/episode/15CcjmPyCgsCGRAdpW7mbH?si=58ac1ef1ecf044fe
To listen to the full conversations, tune in to Partners in Upbringing on Spotify, Apple and Google Podcasts or on FB and IG @partnersinupbringing.
Do share this podcast with all the wonderful father’s around you…
Partners in UpBringing is a parenting podcast hosted by two mums Himani & Kalyani, based in Singapore. They address a variety of parenting topics in their casual and candid conversation with subject matter experts and fellow parents from across the globe. Each podcast episode provides a holistic perspective on the chosen topic. It’s a platform to exchange tips, ideas and share experiences related to parenting. So if you would like to reach us, please email email@example.com.
← Go back